Get to know one of over 90 USASA Clubs, UniSA Women's Collective.
Get to know one of over 90 USASA Clubs, UniSA Women's Collective. Read on to find out what the club entails and how you can be a part of the unique and wonderful things that the club does.
1. Club Name
UniSA Women's Collective
Check out their socials here: Instagram | Facebook
Contact them directly here: Email
2. What are your club's main goals and aims?
The club’s key objective is to provide a leading space to:
● Foster equality and equity across all women’s issue
● Provide a safe environment for its members to share their experiences and innovative ideas
● Cultivate a ‘culture of inclusion’ and nurture women’s empowerment
● Enhance support, activism, and a sense of social justice surrounding women’s issues We hope this club can be the cornerstone for empowering women at UniSA through regular events, networking opportunities and building cross-campus relationships.
3. What have been some of your clubs biggest achievements?
We are a club in its infancy with a total of 30 members right now and the campus fair was our first official club activity. We are also proud to have a strong female representation from across the university.
4. What is your club looking forward to this year?
We would like to host events/activities such as coffee-catch-ups, movie nights, craft days, drop-in chat sessions, and Town Hall. We hope to collaborate with clubs like UniSA Rainbow Club, UniSA Women in STEM, UniSA Batyr, Aboriginal Student Club, UniSA Health Management Society, and UniSA Psychology society to design, deliver and promote events that are aligned with our club’s purpose and objectives
5. How can students get involved in your club?
The UniSA Women’s Collective will be open to all UniSA women, non-binary people, and allies who are interested in supporting and promoting women’s rights and feminism at UniSA. This club will not discriminate against gender, sexuality, age, race, political ideology, or any other difference in appearance, belief, or way of life.
6. What's the best thing about your club?
Our people! The founding members of this club show how strong we are.
7. If you had no limits on budget or space what would be your dream club event?
Organize a town hall event or maybe a ball dance event !!
8. Is there anything else you would like to share that your club has to offer?
Our focus is to empower women together and for that, we aim to create a safe environment for each and every woman on our campuses to share their story, discover themselves and support each other. Because, when women support each other, incredible things happen
Join the UniSA Women's Collective here.
Want to shine a light on all the unique and wonderful things your club does by taking part in our USASA Clubs Feature! We are offering you the opportunity for your club to be featured across a range of USASA and USASA Clubs social media pages.
Find the form here.