UniSA Student Association - Contact Us

From pub crawls to bake sales, running an event is your chance to contribute to lively campus culture. They are also a great way to raise your club’s exposure and raise funds for the running of your club. 


If you need any assistance organising your event, please contact our Clubs Team at USASA.clubs@unisa.edu.au

Organise an Event  

UPDATE 24/08/2020: Due to COVID-19 all gatherings must be submitted for consideration through this online form. Please consult the FAQ page for more information.

All forms must be submitted by a club executive member.

On-Campus Events Process
All forms must be submitted to the USASA Clubs Administration Officer for approval before submitting to FM Assist*.

  1. Complete FM 112 Student Group-Club-Society Function Form at least 7 days before you need the booking confirmed.
  2. If external providers/guests are attending/invited, complete and attach the FM 156 Form signed by USASA Clubs Administration Assistant.
  3. If you are using the outdoor kitchen you will need to complete an FM 157 Form.
  4. Please complete USASA Equipment Hire Form (if applicable) and submit to the USASA Clubs Administration Assistant at least seven days prior to the event. You will receive notification of approval.
  5. Upload all forms to this online form for USASA to review and sign.
  6. USASA will email your approved event to FM Assist. Good luck with your event!

*FM Assist has the final say on all bookings and will notify you regarding confirmation.

Hiring UniSA Sports Centres
The University of South Australia has a range of sporting facilities available for hire at Magill, Mawson Lakes and City West campuses.

Click here to find out more about what is available.

Off-Campus Events Process
  1. Complete this online form.
  2. You will receive notification of approval. 

Hiring Equipment 

USASA has a wide range of equipment available for hire available to USASA Clubs for free or at low cost. Details on how to hire equipment and a list of available equipment are provided below.

Equipment can be hired using USASA Equipment Hire Form, which must be submitted to usasa.clubs@unisa.edu.au a minimum of 7 working days prior to the booking date.

You MUST have completed, submitted and received approval for your FM 112 Student Group-Club-Society Function Form (space booking) before you request equipment hire.

Equipment available for hire includes:

  • Marquees
  • PA, microphones etc
  • iPads and Square Card Readers
  • Video camera kit
  • Giant Jenga
  • Portable BBQ (City West only)
  • Built-in BBQ (Mawson Lakes, Magill and City East Campuses) requires submission of FM-157 form
The university also offers equipment for hire with a space booking – if you would like the University to supply trestle tables, please note this in your booking request.

If you think there is something missing from this list that multiple clubs could use, please email us with your suggestion. You never know, USASA may purchase this item!

Event Planning Tools

Planning events can be a daunting task, which is why we've come up with a handy guide, and a bunch of planning tools to step you through the process:

Risk Assessment

A large part of planning any event is thinking about all the things that could go wrong and how you'll plan to reduce the risks.

USASA recommends completing a risk assessment in the planning process of every club event. Completing a risk assessment is a requirement of some grant applications, where indicated in the application.

You can find a risk assessment template here

Food and Alcohol on Campus 

Food safety training and/or a temporary liquor license must be arranged if food and/or alcohol are a part of your event.

Food Safety Training

Everybody involved in the food selling/serving process is required to complete mandatory Safe Food Handling training before any kind of foodservice. This includes everything from giving away cupcakes to cooking BBQs. You will be required to have a copy of your certificate on hand at any event where you are working with food.

The free online course and PDF certificate are available here

Alcohol Guidelines

Where alcohol is to be consumed, a completed Application for Limited Licence form (Liquor Licensing Act 1997) must accompany the FM 112 Student Group-Club-Society Function Form and be submitted to FM Assist for authorisation by the relevant Campus Facilities Manager. Please be aware applications for a Limited Licence must be lodged with the Office of Consumer and Business Services Commissioner at least 14 days before the date of the function. A Limited Licence may not be required for functions where the alcohol is being provided by a licensed caterer/business. FM Assist staff will be able to advise.

A Limited Licence by the Office of the Liquor and Gambling Commissioner may stipulate security/crowd control as a requirement. The Campus Facilities Manager will assess the application and may also deem security/crowd control a necessity. If Security staff are required this will be arranged by FM Assist and the cost will be borne by the student group/applicant.

Under no circumstances can it be assumed that the University of South Australia Security staff can be used or referred to as crowd controllers for planned events/functions. 

T-Shirts/Pub Crawl Shirts & Additional Promotional Items

Take advantage of USASA's agreements with the following businesses to print and create promotional items for your club! 

T-Shirts/Pub Crawl Shirts

As an example, a run of 200+ t-shirts (with two colour front and one colour back) will cost $10 per unit (including GST).

Shirts can be picked up from AESS (749 Port Rd, Woodville) or arranged to be delivered to a USASA counter during SP2 & SP5 (approval required).
The full price list to calculate your costs is available here (313KB).
The agreement has been made for Gildan styles of t-shirt, arguably the most popular brand for pub crawl t-shirts. If you are looking for some inspiration for your shirt designs, please view our Club's Facebook Page.

How to Order Your T-Shirts

NOTE: You must place your order a minimum of 5 working days in advance of the required delivery date. Please discuss this in advance with AESS as turn-around times will vary depending on your order specifications.

  1. Download the pricing spreadsheet here (313KB).
  2. Calculate the cost of your order.
  3. Email AESS Account Manager: Tanya Uppington at AESS at info@adelaide-ess.com.au
  4. Step 3: Include the following information in your email:
    1. Club Name
    2. Contact Person (must be listed as an organiser on the USASA website)
    3. Contact Details
    4. Required completion date
    5. The type of merchandise, name and style number
    6. Units required of each size.
    7. Colour (please note not all styles come in all colours).

Note: your order is not confirmed until you receive a confirmation email from Tanya.

Additional Promo Items
Looking to order some awesome promotional items such as pens, lanyards, notebooks or stress balls, with your club branding on them? USASA work with Scooda Branded Merchandise Solutions and you can too.

Explore the range of options available below; Contact them directly at elisa@scooda.com.au or explore the website here

USASA's Top 5 Tips for Online Events




Get Involved 

As a UniSA Student all

USASA services are available to you.