Your club might be UniSA’s best-kept secret, but it doesn’t have to be. Promoting your club helps it to grow, and let’s face it, designing posters and social media content is fun!
Upload your Event to the USASA Website
Add your event to the USASA calendar to promote to thousands of website visitors every month. What’s more, once your event is on the website, USASA can provide a free poster printing service.
- Navigate to your Club webpage
- Click on ‘Administration’ and then ‘Settings’ to enter the Administrative Dashboard
- From the menu on the left-hand side click ‘Events’
- Select ‘New’ from the expanded selection
- Now you can enter the event details including images
- Once all fields are filled-out click ‘Save’
- From here you must select the event type:
- One-off event select ‘Fixed’
- Recurring Event at regular intervals select ‘Recurring’
- Once you are happy with all the fields, click ‘Create’ or ‘Generate’ at the bottom of the page
(this will depend on whether your event is fixed or reoccurring)
- That's it!
Need a hand designing your Event banners? Event posters + more pretty things for your event? USASA Clubs offer Design Assistance, read more here
Make sure you tag @usasaadelaide
in your posts and stories on social media so we can see and share them!
Note: You can edit content at any time via the [Edit] link next to the ‘Event’ heading.
Upload your News Item to the USASA Website
Follow these easy steps to add your news item to the USASA website and let everyone know what you’ve been up to.
- Navigate to the Club homepage, scroll down to the ‘News’ heading and click ‘Add’.
- Under the ‘News’ heading fill out all relevant sections. The body field accepts Markdown.
- Once you are happy with all the fields, click ‘Save’ at the bottom of the page. This will complete the process. You can edit content at any time via the [Manage] link next to the ‘News’ heading.
Need a hand designing your News banners + more pretty things for your post? USASA Clubs offer Design Assistance, read more here
Poster and Media Support
- Must not contain offensive, discriminatory, racist or sexist language or imagery.
- Should not use the University of South Australia branding, logo or name unless you have completed the UniSA logo agreement form, submitted and received approval from the UniSA marketing department.
- Must not detract from the University of South Australia or USASA's reputation.
- Must have the USASA logo (6.5MB) included in the artwork or be stamped by USASA staff at any USASA Student Space.
- May include text in other languages but must have an English translation for all text.
Posters cannot promote external organisations regardless of your sponsorship relationship with the organisation. You can include their logo on your posters, except when the business conflicts with the interests of the University or USASA.
Not everyone is a design whizz and that's okay, here are a few things available to help your club promote its next big event:
Note: This is a shared account. Please don’t delete any other clubs work. If you have trouble logging, please contact us at USASA.Clubs@unisa.edu.au.
- Login into the shared Canva account (login details below)
Canva has a ton of easy to use templates for everything from posters to Facebook cover photos. It's fun and easy and all the work is pretty much done for you.
- Login address: www.canva.com
- Email Address: USASA.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: WeLoveClubs2020
Do not make changes to the account settings.
- Contact USASA marketing team that can help with your design needs. Or maybe you just need some feedback on your existing design?
Whatever it is the marketing team is happy to help!
- Submit a design brief online for collateral via this form.
- Submit a design brief online for logos via this form.
- The marketing team can produce collateral within 10 business days.
Free Poster Printing
Yes, you read that right! USASA offer free printing to USASA endorsed clubs that have their events listed on the USASA website (as explained above).
- Poster packages consist of:
- 40x A3 posters + 80x A6 flyers (single-sided) and are free to clubs (one package per event).
- Allow 2-3 business days if you supply the design or 10 working days if you require the poster/flyers to be designed by USASA.
- Please submit posters a minimum of 10 business days prior to the event they are promoting.
All poster and flyer requests can be submitted using this form.
If you're supplying your own design, it must include the USASA Clubs logo to help identify it on campus notice boards. You can download the logo pack as a .zip file here (6.5MB).
Posters on Campus
Posters are a great way to promote your bake sale, pub crawl or meeting.
However, it is important that clubs understand the rules for placing posters on campus.
How And Where to Put Up Posters
Posters on campus must be placed with respect to the infrastructure, building or space.
As a rule of thumb, if there are no other posters around, you should probably not put one up in that location. USASA Club posters are protected from removal only when placed on USASA marked boards.
Don't forget to take the posters down after your event!
- Poster boards - push pins only
- Walls - Blu-Tack or masking tape only (no regular sticky tape)
- Windows - Blu-Tack only
USASA Poster Boards
Only USASA posters and USASA approved posters (including USASA clubs) are allowed on these boards, meaning you won't have to fight to find space. To ensure there is enough space for everyone, please stick to one poster per poster board.
In order for your poster to be recognised by security staff as an approved item, your poster must have approval email approval from our Clubs Officer (email@example.com) and must have one of the following:
USASA's Top 5 Online Marketing Tips