Get to know Women in STEM's Social Media Manager, Margi. Read on to find out what the role entails and how you can be a part of the unique and wonderful things the club does.
1. What club are you in? Women in STEM UniSA
2. Are there any additional clubs that you are involved with?
No just focusing all my attention in this club but I love going to events of 7 clubs.
3. What are you studying? Did it influence the club you chose to join?
IT, yes it definitely did
4. Why did you join this club?
To find a tribe that would support me no matter what. To help as many women get involved at uni as possible. To encourage girls and let them know loud and clear that they aren’t alone in studying STEM
5. What's your role on the club executive? Explain.
Social media manager. I organise LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Make posters, post anything that is sent to us. Do follow ups, answer queries. I work with other girls and be there when they need help too.
6. What's the best thing about being a part of a club?
Meeting new people and working with the amazing team we have at the moment!
7. How can other students get involved in your club?
Come to our events, volunteer, give us ideas because we will definitely listen to them!
8. Have you gained new friends or made new connections through being in a club?
9. What achievement are you most proud of?
The fact that our first event was a huge success and we can’t wait to organise many more.
10. What colour best represents your personality and why?
Blue. I’m always inspired by everything and try to inspire everyone. I love the saying sky is the limit and it also really relates to the colour of our logo of women in stem too
11. What would you like to get out of being in a club?
Probably make friends and just have a good time
12. If you could start any club what would it be?
Weekly events club. Just people having fun and meeting each other every week and doing new things
Join Women in STEM UniSA here.
Want to shine a light on all the unique and wonderful things you do, day in and day out for your club and it's members by taking part in our Humans of USASA Clubs! We are offering you the opportunity to be featured across a range of USASA and USASA Clubs social media pages.
Find the form here: USASA.sa.edu.au/Forms/HOUC