Welcome to the Student Sustainability Collective!
The Sustainability Collective aims to connect like-minded people in a social environment to chat about all the things that can make this Earth a more sustainable and just place for its inhabitants! Our meet ups will be at UniSA City West campus or in places that follow our values and promote social, environmental and economic sustainability in some way including cafes, pubs or even conservation parks! We will be sharing our existing knowledge with each other, collaborating together and providing each other with moral support along the way.
We also believe in purpose and therefore we would like to achieve the following collectively:
- Establish and promote recycling programs on campus
- Fight food waste
- Promote and support sustainable campus initiatives such as the Community Garden
- Skill sharing
- Produce swaps
- Learn the benefits of native plants and promoting their existence
- Health and well being- group conservation park walks and meditation and yoga classes in nature
Our greater aims are to:
- Promote the benefits of social, economic and environmental sustainability and sustainable practices to UniSA students
- Contribute to sharing knowledge with members and the wider student community on sustainability
- Support the development of sustainable practices across campus
- Create an environment for like-minded people to interact with each other and work collaboratively
These lists will grow as our collective grows!
If you have a vision of a more sustainable future and would like to work towards some achievable short term goals with other passionate people- please join us! We’d love to have you!