Need free help with your tax return?
Taxes are a yearly thing that you need to stay on top of.
Note: This service is free to all students, including international students. Any student who is studying a course of 6 month duration or more is considered a resident for tax purposes. Full info here
USASA and the Tax Help team have you covered! USASA offers students free help with their tax return, with appointments open from July until October 2021.
The free Tax Help service is closed for 2020.
Please check your eligibility prior to booking as contractors, those using ABN’s, people in business and with other complex tax affairs (check full eligibility criteria) cannot be assisted through Tax Help. Limited spots will be available, so get in quick!
Regular appointments will be available at both UniSA CBD campuses from late July through to the end of October. Appointments are located at both UniSA City campuses - City West and City East.
Find more details on the Tax Help program at ato.gov.au/taxhelp
If you're unable to make appointments at City East or West, please call 13 28 61 to find out the location of the closest tax help center to you.
Am I eligible for tax help?
- You are NOT eligible if you use an ABN, work as a contractor, for example a contract cleaner or taxi driver
- You are NOT eligible if you run a business, including as a sole trader
- You are NOT eligible if you have partnership or trust matters
- You are NOT eligible if you sell shares or an investment property
- You are NOT eligible if you own a rental property
- You are NOT eligible if you have capital gains tax (CGT)
- You are NOT eligible if you receive royalties
- You are NOT eligible if you receive distributions from a trust, other than a managed fund
- You are NOT eligible if you receive foreign income, other than a foreign pension or annuity.
If you do not fit the eligibility for the Tax Help program you may be able to get assistance through the Tax Clinics available here
You can contact the Australian Taxation Office Business Tax
enquiries line if you want more information about contracting, using your ABN and business tax matters on 132866
Bookings Reopen in Late July 2021