Need free help with your tax return?
USASA and the Tax Help team have you covered!
We are offering eligible UniSA students free appointments to help get your tax affairs in order.
City East Campus
Limited spots available, so get in quick!
Regular appointments will be available at both UniSA CBD campuses from late July through to the end of October.
Appointment locations and timeframes are outlined below:
City West Campus
Tuesdays between 1pm - 5pm
Barbara Hanrahan Building, Level 4, Room 21
Thursdays between 1pm - 5pm
Playford Building, Level 4, Room 29
Note: This service is free to all students, including international students. Any student who is studying a course of 6 month duration or more is considered a resident for tax purposes. Full info here
Am I eligible for tax help?
You are eligible for Tax Help in 2017–18 if your income is around $60,000 or less for the income year and:
Do I need to lodge a tax return
Non-English Speaking Language Options
How to apply for a TFN
- You did not work as a contractor, for example a contract cleaner or taxi driver
- You did not run a business, including as a sole trader
- You did not have partnership or trust matters
- You did not sell shares or an investment property
- You did not own a rental property
- You did not have capital gains tax (CGT)
- You did not receive royalties
- You did not receive distributions from a trust, other than a managed fund
- You did not receive foreign income, other than a foreign pension or annuity
How to book:
Check you are eligible
to access this service.
Make a booking using the widget below.
Alternate Contact Details
If you're unable to make appointments at City East or West, please call 13 28 61 to find out the location of the closest tax help centre to you.
Free tax help appointments can be made using the online booking system below. Before booking, check your eligibility above.
Note: Appointments for August are almost booked out. Please include September & October in your appointment search.