This club is being formed in collaboration with the UniSA Community Outreach Center placement students. We aim to form an inclusive space which allows people to connect with the benefit of nature in different ways.
All students are welcome - especially those with an interest in gardening but also those who need/want to be connected to green spaces. We also welcome staff and faculty to be involved to ensure everyone can be involved and the whole Uni community is involved.
Some activities/events/initiatives we hope to run include:
- Development of a garden in the rooftop space outside the Magill Library
- Developing the garden in a way that is inclusive - including neurodiversity, mental health, LGBTQIA+, studying mums and international student events and safe space.
- International Pop-Up Cafe and/or Pop-up cafe events
- We aim to have educational sessions in the garden on topics such as Mental Health (mindfulness, forest bathing and more), Neurodiversity(Green spaces and the senses), Nature play, Benefits of gardening and more.
- We have begun the process of starting a seed library; a space for seed swapping and gathering within the library space to ensure people can also garden and be involved at home.
- "Community Garden from a Distance" has also been in the plans
- A online space (Facebook group) for education and connection to include those who cannot be on campus.
- Once the garden is producing a yield we aim to have food swap meets to aid in the food security of students on campus.
For more information you can follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or email us at USASAemail@example.com