Here's what you need to know to get started:
- Submissions are open across five categories
- The theme is 'mindframe' - a visual snapshot of the artist's outlook.
- You'll need to register online by 2 July, with all work to be submitted by 9 July (registrations are capped at 60 entries)
- A total of $1,000 of prizes are on offer
- USASA can reimburse material costs of up to $80 for art, architecture & sculpture work.
- Students can sell work in a silent auction - keeping 100% of the profit
- Works will be exhibited at West Oak Hotel as part of the SALA Festival this August
How to submit
You can submit on your choice of canvas no larger than both 46cm wide and 60cm high (portrait). USASA will reimburse materials of up to $80 in value once artwork is registered and accepted with receipts.
Design, Illustration, Photography
All design and illustration work must be submitted online after registering above. Work must be a maximum of 46cm wide and 61cm high, 160 dpi PDF file. USASA will print design and illustration work onto canvas for display at the SALA Exhibition.
Architecture & Sculpture
Architecture & sculpture work can consist of any material! All pieces must be able to fit into a box 50cm wide, 50cm long & 50cm high. USASA will reimburse materials of up to $80 in value once artwork is registered and accepted with receipts.
This year's theme is 'mindframe' - a visual snapshot of the artist's outlook.
Up to $1,000 in prizes are on offer for the most popular art pieces. Voting will be available on the opening night party at West Oak Hotel and throughout the SALA Festival on the USASA website.
All work will be exhibited in the upstairs function room at the West Oak Hotel for the duration of the SALA Festival. All work will be available for purchase throughout the exhibition, with 100% of the profits going to the artist.